Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to update and edit these terms and conditions at any time. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, you should leave the website immediately and refrain from using our services. If you have any queries about membership, the awards or these terms, you can contact us.
Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on this page. By accessing our website after such changes are posted, you indicate your acceptance of the revised policy. You should check this page regularly to ensure you are always aware of our terms and conditions.
WeddingIndustryExperts.com does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or continuity of any of the information on this website. The content and services offered on this website are for general purposes only and are not intended to address your individual requirements.
All material contained on this website is the property of WeddingIndustryExperts.com and/or our contributors. All rights are reserved and any unauthorized use or reproduction is strictly prohibited. Our content may not be used for commercial purposes unless expressly authorized by WeddingIndustryExperts.com
Websites and information featured on our site remain the intellectual property of their creators. However, by submitting content, you agree to its publication on our site and reproduction in other publications produced by WeddingIndustryExperts.com
WeddingIndustryExperts.com accepts no responsibility for the information and/ or content provided by award participants or on any third party websites. Users of this site acknowledge that member profile information has not been verified by staff or representatives of WeddingIndustryExperts.com.
The use of any trademark, service mark or logo of Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube or any other media outlet is not meant to imply such media outlet’s endorsement of, or affiliation, with WeddingIndustryExperts.com in any way.
- All participants must be 18yrs of age or older and be employed by or own a registered business that offered services or products for wedding clients.
- Participants must provide a website address that demonstrates that they are eligible for entry into their selected category. If you are a planner who occasionally designs invitations, then it is not really your main business activity and you should not enter the Invitation Category. If you are not sure about something, please contact us.
- Every participant shall be solely responsible for any and all content on their member page other than our menu and footer.
- A city/town location must be provided. If suburbs are entered we reserve the right to group them into the major city.
- You can enter in the locations you work in. If you are a photographer who has an office outside of London, but you do most of your work in London, then you can enter both in London and in your office location.
- If you are a destination planner, you should enter the city your office is based in not the country you do most of your weddings in.
- We reserve the right to change an individuals or company’s category if another one is deemed more suitable. For example if a person advertises on their website that they are a Wedding Planner, then they should not be entered in the Event Designer Category.
- You cannot enter both novice and veteran categories – For example: Most Popular New Photographer and Most Popular Photographer. It should be either one or the other.
- Categories such as Most Popular Wedding Planner Service or Most Popular Disc Jockey Service etc. are for businesses that have more than one planner or DJ on staff.
- The participant represents and warrants that he or she owns or has the necessary experience, licenses, rights, to enter their selected category.
- If you believe a business has entered the wrong category, please send us the details.
- We reserve the right to add categories throughout the competition.
- Participants are welcome to campaign and encourage past clients, friends and family to vote for them.
- Offering anything of value in exchange for votes is not permitted. Participants who hire third parties to secure votes unfairly will be disqualified.
- Participants who publicly denounce their competitors, disrespect them in a public forum such as Facebook, Twitter etc.- or their abilities or engage in any conduct that harms the reputation of their competitors will be disqualified.
We reserve the right to disqualify participants before, during and after the voting period, that do any of the following: violate trademarks, infringe copyrights, impersonate others, invade privacy, make threats of violence, promote illegal activities, promote pornography, spam others, engage in abusive behavior, promise anything of value in exchange for a vote, or otherwise violate the friendly spirit of the awards.
Our goal is to keep the playing field fair. Participants may be removed from the competition with immediate effect if it is felt that they are harming the reputation of their competitors, potential voters or the awards competition itself.
If we receive valid complaints about an entrant who engages in the following, we will first investigate and then disqualify if warranted. (Making unsubstantiated complaints about a competitor will also result in disqualification.)
– Discriminates against clients based on their race or sexual orientation.
– Takes deposits or payments without delivering a product or service as promised.
– Plagiarizes content from other businesses websites, including text and images.
AUDITING & RANKINGS
- The number of votes will not be shown, nor will the rank.
- Official results will be released on June 16th, 2015. Participants will be notified by email and results will be released on this site.
- We use several algorithms that automatically alert us of votes that appear to be intended to game the system or come from irregular accounts, with irregular time stamps and/or IP addresses.
- All decisions relating to eligibility, categories and votes are made at the sole discretion of Wedding Industry Experts staff and are final.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TheWeddingIndustryExperts.com Awards are administered by Turbovine Inc, which will be entitled to make all final decisions regarding the awards in its sole discretion.
Turbovine Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Wedding Industry Experts Awards at any time. By participating in the Awards, whether as a nominee, a voter or otherwise, each participant agrees to release Turbovine Inc. and hold its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and legal advisers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the awards, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Turbovine Inc cannot be held responsible if supporters are unable to vote because of their internet connection, browser incompatibility or if pages time before votes can be processed.
PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION AS A WEDDING.INDUSTRY.EXPERTS.COM MEMBER OR IN THE AWARDS SHALL BE AT THEIR SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL TURBOVINE INC. BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING) OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.